Online Roulette – What are the Best Sites to Play in Canada
Online roulette is one of the most popular casino games in the world and in Canada too. The best thing about it is that you can play it in every casino and can choose any variation you like, this game itself is pretty easy to learn. When you know some simple strategies, winning at real-money online roulette can happen pretty regularly. Another pleasing thing about online roulette is that instead of heading out to the casino, you will get the awesome action right on your laptop or smartphone. Playing this game is so easy and you don’t even have to leave home. Online casinos nowadays offer their visitors really juicy bonuses and different promotions on online roulette games that you will find very attractive. We recommend you to check out those casinos to have the best taste of the game:
Online Roulette Rules
How to play roulette? The rules of online roulette are actually pretty simple, and you will not have a problem picking up the game once you understand the rules. The game is fairly straight forward and it is like most games of chance.
Roulette table with a wheel (in American roulette game) looks like this:
- Bets are placed before the ball is dropped into the wheel by the croupier.
- Game starts when the wheel is spun in one direction and the ball is sent into the wheel in the other direction. As the wheel decelerates and the ball finds its way into a slot, this is the winning number.
- The table is where the betting occurs. The numbers range from 1-36 with the exception of 0 and 00; they get organized into three columns of 12 different numbers. The numbers go across the rows and descend down the columns. Same numbers you can see on the roulette wheel. Betting is done on the table, and there are no limits to the number of bets that can be played. It has two types of bets – outside bets and inside bets.
- After each time the ball slots into its final resting place is when the winnings are distributed according to the bet and the odds of winning the bets.
These are the basic rules of the American roulette game, however there are several other types of roulette games. Online roulette is great because you can find the roulette fitting you the best and play it as much as you want. And many online casinos allow you to play in demo mode for free to know the game better before you aim the real-money deal.
Variations of Roulette Games
There are several different variations of roulette, and these different games offer you a unique way to play the game in a way that you would like best. In plain language, American Roulette has a higher house edge than European roulette, so if you can get your hands on the European version of this game, you will be better off financially. Also the difference is that the US version has a “0” and a double “00” number pocket and this is what changes the house edge. There is only one “0” pocket in European roulette.
- European Roulette: This game does not have the 00 option, which means that the odds of winning are actually significantly lower. The payoff is bigger simply because you have less of a chance to win.
- French Roulette: This game gained great popularity in Monte Carlo because it features the La Partage Rule. This roulette board is the European board, and La Partage means that if you make a bet that is odds or evens, then if the ball lands on the 0 you will receive half of your bet back
- Mini Roulette: This game has far less numbers than the other game. This particular roulette game only has 13 pockets including 12 colored pockets
- Multi Ball/Multi Wheel: Basically, with these games you are playing multiple roulette games at the same time – either with few balls on a wheel or with few wheels, this is fairly exciting and an easy way to enjoy yourself over a variety of games and spread out your winnings.
In online roulette, you can play any of these variations, so find the one that speaks to you the best way and you will end up with a great way to have fun with one of the best online casino games out there. When you are playing these games, notice the different variations and that will make you have even better strategies.
Roulette Odds and Payouts
When you are looking at playing real-money online roulette, you need to understand the odds and the percentage of the payout. The chart below will help you understand what the different types of bets are and how you can win the different bets. Obviously, the longer the odds, that means the more the payout will be if you land on it. For example, landing on a single number bet is pretty difficult, but if you do, it will be one heck of a feeling because of how remote these odds are, so place your bets accordingly.
Bets in Roulette called Inside and Outside.
✅Types of Inside bets are:
- Straight bet (the bet made on a single number)
- Split bet (the bet made on two numbers)
- Street bet (also called the Three Number or Trio bet)
- Square bet (also known as the Four-Number bet or Corner bet)
- Five-Number bet
- Six Line bet.
✅Types of Outside bets are: Red, Black, Even, Odd, Low, High, Dozen, and Column.
|Bet||American Roulette Odds||PayOut|
|Single Number||2.6%||35 to 1|
|2 Number Combination||5.3%||17 to 1|
|3 Number Combination||8.1%||11 to 1|
|4 Number Combination||10.5%||8 to 1|
|5 Number Combination||13.2%||6 to 1|
|6 Number Combination||15.8%||5 to 1|
|Column||31.6%||2 to 1|
|Dozen||31.6%||2 to 1|
|Odd or Even||47.4%||1 to 1|
|Black or Red||47.4%||1 to 1|
|High or Low||47.4%||1 to 1|
Understanding these odds is the easiest way to make your bets properly and set yourself up a strategy to win. Sometimes, it is fun to bet the single number, but it is mostly a losing proposition. However, the thing to think about is if you bet $100 on a single number, you will end up with $3,500. That’s not a bad payout at all. While at the same time, the safer bets will pay you out less, but at the same time that means you will not blow your winnings in a quick fashion. The key is whether you want to be in the game a while or want to just let it ride on a number and go for broke.
How to Win at Roulette – Strategies and Tips
As with any game of chance, there are ways that you can organize yourself so that you can put yourself in a position to win lots of money. The reality is that there are some games where you are not so much playing chance as others – for example, an aphorism in poker is that you don’t play the hand, you play the man. Roulette offers no such entreaties where you can bluff your way into success. Instead, you have to understand the math behind the strategies to some extent, but the key is to make sure that you are able to use the strategies with maximum effectiveness so you have fun while at the same time you don’t have to worry about losing all your money and wondering why it happened, which is something that tends to happen among people who are not pros with roulette.
Here are some of the best roulette strategies succinctly explained:
So basically there is no best roulette strategy. The bottom line with all of these roulette strategies is that you have the find the one that works best for YOU. If you have a lot of disposable income, then the Bond strategy could work for you. However, if you are someone who likes to be a little more pragmatic, the Martingale Strategy is the best bet. There are plenty of different resources to effectively execute these strategies and learn more about them. As with all games of chance, knowing the odds is the key to success.
Glossary of Online Roulette Terms
There are plenty of terms used in online roulette games and if you don’t know them, you could feel like you are taking wild shots in the dark instead of executing a smart strategy.
- Backtrack: This is the part of the outer rim where the ball will be spun.
- Bet on the Layout: These bets are placed anywhere there are numbers on the table.
- Column Bet: These are wagers placed in one of the three columns on the board.
- Corner Bet: a bet made of four numbers in a row, also known as a square bet.
- Croupier: The person in charge of regulating play on the roulette table.
- Dozen Bet: This wager goes in the 3 different sets of 12 numbers.
- Even Money: These are bets that will pay out on a 1 to 1 ratio.
- High Bet: This is a bet where the wager is the ball will land anywhere from 19-36.
- Line Bet: These bets are made in a line where there are six numbers and two rows of three in the bet.
- No Action: Term when the dealer cancels betting during a particular spin. All bets are returned.
- Parlay: Doubling of a wager after it is won.
- Trio: This is a bet made of three numbers in a row, also known as a street bet.